Sunday, November 12, 2017

CAS Poinsettia



It was a very cold weekend in VA (down to 18 degrees early Saturday morning) and today was a lazy Sunday afternoon spent making several Christmas cards! My first card uses the sketch only for the current Fusion Card Challenge and I was inspired to use a poinsettia as the focal point thanks to the beautiful table setting in the photo for The Card Concept challenge #81.  Due to all the white space, I'm calling my style CAS for this design.

I gold embossed the images, colored with Copics then die cut with matching dies from Altenew's Poinsettia and Pine set.  Patterned papers are from Tim Holtz' Christmas 8x8 paper pack.  I also used MFT Die-Namics: Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX and Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


7 comments:

Helen Gullett said...

What a beautiful card with poinsettia!

~amy~ said...

Such a pretty bloom! Love the paper choices too!

Esther Asbury said...

I love how you combined the challenges to create a beautiful poinsettia card! The text and black and white banner are the perfect background images for your flower! So, so pretty!

I'd love for you to link up to the Cropstop blog where anything goes as long as you use something from one of the companies they carry in the store. (You did!)
You can check out the Current Link Party here:
http://www.cropstop.com/blog/autumn/november-challenge-link-party-34/

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I am in love with this gorgeous card!!! The scripted background is perfect! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

Vicki Finger said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the gold embossing and the rustic elements! Thank you for joining in at The Card Concept!

Susan Powell said...

I am lovin' every last detail on this card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Julie Gearinger said...

Love this card Wanda! The poinsettia against the dark plaid looks perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept!