Monday, May 15, 2017

Mojo Monday

Add caption

Good Monday everyone! I was blessed to have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend with all three grandchildren together and now I can look forward to being off this week until the weekend!  Doing the happy dance here!  I needed a card for a lady who has gotten more bad news about her health, so that is what started the thought process for my card sample for the Mojo Monday Challenge.




I used papers from The Citrus Mat Stack by DCWV.  My diagonal stripe is opposite from the sketch, but that was the direction of my stitched die, so I went with it. :-)  The poppies were fussy cut, popped with foam tape, then had black Enamel Accents added to the centers.  Part of the sentiment was paper pieced.

STAMPS: Poppy Birthday (Verve); Wonderfully Made (Verve).
DIES: Stitched rectangle and Stitched diagonal stripe by Lil' Inker Designs.

We'd love to see how you interpret this challenge!  You'll want to post your creation on the Mojo Monday blog.  If you need more inspiration, check out the design team's creations below:



Justin Krieger
Lori Tecler
Marisa Ritzen 
Sarah Bigelow
Teresa Kline
Wanda Cullen (you are here)


I'll leave you with a few photos from the weekend... 

All three of the grands - Cash (10 months), Quinn (2 1/2), Matilda (8 months) 
What you don't know is how funny this really is!  Our one DIL was singing and dancing a super funny song and we adults were all cracking up.  Two of the littles just weren't going for it - lol!  They kept their serious little faces the whole time!

Happy Matilda on May 12 - her 8 months birthday 

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Beautiful colors, Wanda.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Simply gorgeous, Wanda! Love this color combo.

Lisa Lynn said...

Wanda, your card is gorgeous. Love the sentiment which will be a perfect one for the purpose you need and I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated. I would just be doing a happy dance with those three adorable kids, congrats! Mine will come in time, just a little too early yet, but my BFF shares her granddaughter with me so all is good.

Christine said...

The golden poppies are lovely against those stripes! Glad you had a wonderful weekend and have some time off. Will pray for the recipient of your card. I am sure your kindness will bring her comfort, too.

Chanray said...

beautiful card with beautiful colours!