Saturday, December 3, 2016

Inspired By...All The Little Things #35


It's Saturday and that means a new Inspired By...All The Little Things challenge! I just love snowman images and I guess you can say I love snowman collections because you'll spot them throughout my house during Christmas and into January. I let out a big SQUEEE when I saw the inspiration photo and I did a double SQUEEE when I saw that Silke Ledlow was our special guest this week.  She's one of my early stamping idols and how ironic that I made my card before I knew she was guesting, because the Flourishes stamp set that I used was a blog candy gift that I won from Silke years ago!  



I struggled with photographing this card and simply couldn't capture all the glitter and shine that's there IRL.  I added Glossy Accents to the holly berries and fine carrara marble Martha Stewart glitter to portions of the snowman and to the snowflakes.  I think I sparkled for the next 24 hours as well - lol!  

STAMPS: Warm Winter Wishes (Flourishes).
PAPER: Cozy Christmas 6x6 pad by Simple Stories; X-Press It Blending Card.
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Always Artichoke (SU).
ACCESSORIES: Holly die by Reverse Confetti; Snowflake border punch by Martha Stewart; Stitched circles and rectangle dies by Lil' Inker Designs; Rhinestones (SU); Corner Chomper; Copics.

We'd love to see how YOU are inspired by the challenge photo, so get your creative juices flowing and join us!  You can link up your creation HERE.

I decided to share several photos of some of my smaller "cool friends" that are in my kitchen and family room...



 The little sign on the right says it so well...
"Some of my best friends are flakes" (grin)!
 

4 comments:

Marcie Sharp said...

I love that you also sparkled for the next 24 hours lol! Doesn't that always happen with glittery fun stuff? :) What a fabulous card!

Silke Ledlow said...

Wanda, you are so sweet...thank you for your kind words! We sure go back a few years ❤️!!!! Your snowman card is just gorgeous...one of my favorite Flourishes images for sure! Big hugs, ~S~

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the inspiration photo, Wanda!

KimCreate said...

I knew that Flourishes Snowman. Great snowman card. I see you have quite a collection. I love them too!