Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Color Throwdown #422



Hello throwdown fans! It's time for another Color Throwdown Challenge and Barbara Anders has this fun color palette - turquoise, orange, navy and hot pink - to get your creative juices flowing! 


Since I'm still plugging away at making Christmas cards, I decided to go with Reverse Confetti's Merry and Bright stamp set with matching bulb die.  I popped them with foam tape over a snowflake embossed, brushed silver background.  To add some sparkle, I embellished with tiny silver snowflakes.  The stitched frame is from Reverse Confetti's All Framed Up die set.  Ink colors are Peacock Feathers, Carved Pumpkin and Picked Raspberry distress inks.  I also used Night of Navy by SU.

We have not just one, but two guest designers this month and they both have a boatload of talent!  Welcome to Leigh Penner and also to Kim Singdahlsen!

For more details on how to play along, head on over to the Color Throwdown Blog and you'll find the information on the right sidebar!  You can also visit the rest of the design team's creations for more inspiration (click on the links below):
Amy Rohl 

Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders  
Broni Holcombe   
Jodi Collins 
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put  
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen (you are here)  

Leigh Penner - December Guest Designer 
Kim Singdahlsen - December Guest Designer (yes, we have two this month!)

1 comment:

KimCreate said...

Hi Wanda, This card is adorable. I have often admired this stamp set.

The photo editor I use is called Picasa. I heard from someone else that it is not available anymore but I don't know that for sure. Anyway, in that software, I just click a button that says Highlight. That brightens up the whole photo. Perhaps whatever you used has a "Brighten" feature.
Kim