Tuesday, October 25, 2016

It's A Celebration!

Here's a quick blog post of my CAS card entry for Splitcoaststampers' CAS challenge yesterday!  Here are the requirements:
C - Celebration theme (birthday, christmas, retirement, etc.)
A - Aqua (monochromatic blue/green color scheme)
S - Sparkle (add a touch of glitz)

Nothing says celebration in my book like a shaker card, so here's what I came up with...


I already had this emboss resist panel in my leftover pile, so I quickly die cut the tree shape using Sizzix' Christmas Tree #2 die and created a shaker card. The background was white embossed using a woodgrain stamp then a light watercolor wash using Cracked Pistachio and Evergreen Bough distress inks was added.  Mixing those two colors results in an aqua shade of color.  The sentiment die is by Papertrey Ink and the star embellishment is an iron on piece I've had in my stash forever.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments: