Friday, August 19, 2016

TGIF



It has been a really long week for some reason and am SOOO glad a weekend off is coming up very soon! While waiting on laundry to finish, I decided to go ahead and create a birthday card for a really special granny that is turning 100! No...it's not my granny, but a fellow stamper is asking for a card shower and will hopefully reach her goal of having at least 100 cards sent to her granny.  Since her fave color is red, I knew it had to have some red flowers.  She seems to have a colorful personality, so I couldn't just stop at red.  There had to be multiple happy colors!  I wanted a subtle brick background, so used Lake House Pure Color ink (WPlus9) with a mini Tim Holtz stencil.  Papers are from My Mind's Eye "On the Sunny Side" 6x6 pad. Other inks used: Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Garden Green by SU and Gala Red Last Leaf, Beanstalk, Lake House and Falling for Blue by WPlus9.  I layered some of the elements with different sized foam dots.  A sticker stitch border was the finishing touch.

This card was based on the current MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge which was such a fun layout to work with!  The dryer buzzer just called my name, so have to run!  

1 comment:

EYSchmitt said...

Love this card - All those flowers!!!