Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Color Throwdown #406



It's Color Throwdown Challenge day and you will love Lisa's fabulous color palette - orange, green, light pink and white!  I can't seem to stop using watercolor backgrounds, so yet again...I went with Carved Pumpkin, Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry distress inks.  I actually used the colors again on another sheet of Ranger watercolor CS so I could die cut these scribble circles.  I backed them with a textured pink CS from my scrap pile, so I'm not sure of the paper source.  The leaf background is a watercolor mix of Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron distress inks with an Old Olive CS for the top outline layer.  I cut three of the sentiment dies and adhered them together to give it the feel of chipboard.  



DIES: Swirlies, All Framed Up and Fancy Words Confetti Cuts by Reverse Confetti; Layered Leaves Die-Namics by MFT.

Congrats go out to Penny Ward of Penny Ward INK - our talented guest star stamper!  Be sure to stop and visit her blog!

To get all the details on how to play along with the challenge, please go to the Color Throwdown blog and check out the info on the right sidebar!  You can also check out the rest of the design teams' creations for more inspiration on the CTD blog.. or you can clink on their blog links below.
Amy Rohl 

Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders  
Broni Holcombe   
Jodi Collins 
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put  
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen (you are here) 

Wanda Guess - August Guest Designer     


1 comment:

Broni said...

Love your big bold flowers, Wanda! And that black sentiment really does POP!!