Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Birthday Flowers



I was inspired to create this card by Vicki's great color palette for the SCS Color Challenge to use Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo and Garden Green. I needed a sketch inspiration, so my next stop was at CAS(E) This Sketch. Because I'm needing a ton of birthday cards this spring, I'm also joining in the Seize the Birthday Challenge where anything goes this week!

I started by stamping the woodgrain BG by Altenew in Island Indigo ink.  I die cut it with MFT's Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX Die-Namics and added some light sponging.  The sentiment is a new die and stamp set called Sending, Hoping, Wishing by WPlus9.  The flowers are from Altenew's Painted Flowers stamp set with matching dies. 

5 comments:

EYSchmitt said...

Lovely! I like the choice of woodgrain background.

sherry carrigan said...

Was sent here for a TCP Blog Hop. Nothing here related. What a messed up hop.

Petra Swart said...

Oh, your yellow roses are so beautiful against the woodgrain bg, Wanda!!!! That Altenew set is for sure on my wishlist - just don't know when I will be able to shop again!!!! :( Your woodgrain panel looks like lovely patterned paper!!!! Love your great take on the sketch!!!
Hugz

Leigh Penner said...

You combined two of my favourite things: woodgrain and the Painted Florals stamp set! I love it! Wonderful take on the sketch!

shirley-bee said...

Pretty floral card - love the woodgrain background. Thanks for playing at Seize The Birthday :)