Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Color Throwdown



It's time for another Color Throwdown Challenge and Barbara is our hostess with the mostest for the week!  The fun summery color palette inspired by this awesome photograph is lavender, red and green!  Here is my take on the colors...


I'm not sure that red hydrangeas even exist, but I decided to create one anyway. :-)  Edited to add:  I went to Google images to search and yes, indeed...there are all kinds of red hydrangeas! 


 I have very little lavender paper in my stash, so went with a darker shade and cut the border and sentiment die from Elegant Eggplant CS (SU).  I used Cockleshell (WPlus9) dye ink to sponge the background with MFT's Wonky Chevron stencil.  The hydrangea was stamped using Impression Obsession's Hydrangea stamp set in Real Red and Garden Green inks.  I used the coordinating hydrangea dies for the leaves and tiny flower petals.  I'm really loving this sentiment die and stamp from Verve's recent release - Amazing Adjectives (dies) and Simply Amazing stamp set!

Big congratulations to our guest star stamper -  LeeAnn Barrett of Greyt Paper Crafts!  Be sure and stop by her blog HERE to check out her gorgeous card! 

To get all the details on how to play along, please go to the Color Throwdown blog!  You can also check out the rest of the design teams' creations for more inspiration on the CTD blog or you can clink on their links below.
Barbara Anders  
Broni Holcombe   
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins 
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put  
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen (you are here) 

Leslie Miller - March Guest Designer  

Looking forward to seeing how you use these colors this week!   Happy stamping!



4 comments:

Petra Swart said...

Didn't know that one gets red hydrangeas, but aren't it just gorgeous - the ones in the photo and on your card!!!! Love the subtle sponged bg and the red and purple strips at the side!!! Such a beautiful card!!!
Hugz

Susi said...

Your card makes me itch to get my gardening hands into the dirt! I have several hydrangea plants in my garden, but none as lovely as yours (both the card & inspirational photo). :-)

Stampingcountry said...

Your flower looks so real!

Barbara said...

Love the dimension on that hydrangea!