Thursday, February 25, 2016

Papertrey February Blog Hop Challenge




This is a first for me to play along with a Papertrey Ink blog hop, but couldn't resist when I got an early sneak peek at this month's gorgeous inspiration photo! I was primarily inspired by the colors, the florals and the textures.  Here is what I came up with...


I watercolored the background using Picked Raspberry and Peeled Paint distress inks.  I wanted to use the largest Circle Scribbles die to give the illusion of a wreath that was topped off by some Bitty Bouquets.   The sentiment - also from Bitty Bouquets stamp set - was black embossed on a vellum die cut flag.  

Tiny Tip:  I used a yellow marker to add some highlights to the tulips and leaves. When I first began my stamping journey many, many years ago, my first SU demonstrator pointed out that real life flowers and leaves often have a hint of yellow in their coloring and recommended we add yellow highlights to our stamped images.

24 comments:

Lynn Put said...

This is beautiful Wanda! Your watercoloring and bitty bouquets look wonderful.

Rosemary said...

what a lovely card... love the watercolor background!

Ted said...

Wanda - I love that scribbled die...brings it all together. :)

victoria h said...

fab card- love the touch of yellow you added. Will have to remember that tip- thanks.

Vikki H said...

What a lovely spring card - your background scribbles sets off the design beautifully!

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely design Wanda! pretty watercolored background for your scribble circle and beautiful stems!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I am digging the watercolor background that you made, really fun!

Birgit said...

Oh Wanda, your water colored background is the perfect backdrop for your sweet bouquets of flower! The scribble circles brings both of these elements together perfectly!

Patti said...

Your cards NEVER disappoint Wanda! Simply lovely! I love everything about your design. great job with the inspiration photo!

Patti

Christine Kiehl said...

What a beautifully done card! I love the color combo and the vellum Hello on the right side! So creative! Thank you for taking the time to share with us!

Sanketi said...

This is so pretty!..love it!

Marybeth said...

Wanda, this is so pretty and your watercolor background is gorgeous ! Don’t you just love that Bitty Bouquet set!

Cammie said...

I'm so glad you played along this month. I love the background and bitty bouquets grounded on the circles. A stunning card!

Betty Wright said...

Wanda, this is terrific! Love the background and the flower bouquets! Lovely card!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

I never really thought of that, I'll try adding yellow.
Lovely card, love all the elements.

Gina said...

The background is wonderful! I love that you've used Circle Scribbles over it and Bitty Bouquet (man, I love that set!!!). Such a lovely card.

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card, Wanda!

Claire said...

Love that background Wanda - looks fab behind the scribbly circle!

Kristii said...

Very pretty! Love the watercolor background and the little flowers are fabulous!

Diana K said...

I'm loving the free flowing spirit of this card! So beautiful!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful!

Kathy Mc said...

Beautifully done, Wanda! Love the Bitty Bouquets on the Circle Scribbles die (on my wish list).

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful inky background and such pretty tulips! Thanks for the inspiration!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, this is simply STUNNING, Wanda!!!!! Beautifully done!!! LOVE it!!!
Hugz