Friday, August 28, 2015

MFT Challenges


I'm combining 2 challenges on the MFT Challenge and Inspiration blog: Color Challenge #28 and Wednesday Sketch Challenge #243.  When I saw the 4 colors, I knew it would work for a spooky sky by smooshing distress inks in the background.  I used Cracked Pistachio, Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky and Evergreen Bough.  The card base is 5" square and I really went back in time with using a long time retired piece of Lavender Lace (SU) cardstock.  The sentiment is from MFT's Primitive Pumpkins set - one of my fave fall stamp sets.  The rest of the elements are using MFT's Spooky House Die-Namics.
So ironic...after I completed this card, our son, DIL and grand-daughter stopped by the house and we built a camp fire in the fire pit.  We built the fire and took Quinn on a golf cart ride as the sun was setting, then we ate s'mores while the full moon was rising!  Full moon on the card...full moon outdoors!  LOVE these non-humid, slightly cool evenings!  

3 comments:

Maria Rodriguez said...

Oh my gosh!! this is so spookily beautiful!!! That background is gorgeous, thank you for sharing.

Jill said...

So fun and hauntingly fabulous Wanda! :) Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

What a clever way to utilize the colors! Love the background and those great die cuts!