Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Color Throwdown


Wow...this month is nearly history and I can't believe this is already the last Wednesday of May! I want to thank Tenia Nelson for graciously guesting with us this month! She rocked the colors every week!  Stay tuned next week to find out who our June guest designer will be!

Vickie has chosen some beautiful, soft summery colors for the new Color Throwdown challenge!  When I first saw the photo, I thought the pink had some coral tones in it, so chose to ink up the 2 step roses using Miami Spice ink by WPlus9.  It seemed to match this designer paper (it was gifted to me so I'm not sure of the source). 


I'm using Karen Giron's sketch for the current Sweet Sunday
Sketch Challenge - perfect for trying out my new MFT Die-Namics: Stitched Basic Edges and the Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX.  The vase and florals are dies by WPlus9 which coordinate with their Coming Up Roses stamp set (oops...I see they are out of stock at this time).  The sentiment is the Hand Lettered Hello die by WPlus9.

Congratulations to Kirsty McIntyre from Purple Place Designs who was randomly chosen to be our Guest Star Stamper this week!

For more inspiration and guidelines to play along, please visit the Color Throwdown blog...or...you can go to each of the design team blog links below:


5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Sooo pretty!

dstandard said...

What a pretty card! Love it Wanda!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh this is just so delightful how you used this color combo Wanda. Just such a warm happy card.

Petra Swart said...

Love the polka dots and the lovely flowers, Wanda!!!! The colours are so soft and feminine!!! Beautiful!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful flowers Wanda. Love the vase, the curved border... the sequins are so pretty.