Saturday, January 10, 2015

Melon Mambo on the Runway



I really loved the flowing, hot pink Ralph Lauren gown in the Runway Inspired Challenge, so decided to play along for the first time! The gold glitter tape strips were inspired by the neckline bling of the gown and the large Marianna vine die reminded me of the flowing lines of the dress.  My card layout uses the current sketch for Arielle's Retrosketches Challenge #148

A bit of trivia for you...During my one and only trip to New York City, I went on a bus tour of the city.  The young tour guide pointed out Ralph Lauren's large apartment complex and mentioned his birth name was Ralph Lifshitz.  I guess the teasing and lack of flow with the name for cosmetics soon led to a name change.  Saying you are wearing a lipstick by Ralph Lifshitz just doesn't have a good ring to it! :-)  Trivia fact #2: My favorite fragrance is Blue by Ralph Lauren! 


STAMPS: Spring Blooms by WPlus9; Diagonal Stripes BG by MFT.
PAPER: Sour Apple (MFT), Old Olive (SU), Black, White.
INK: Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Versafine Onyx Black.
ACCESSORIES: Large Marianna Vine BG and Large Marianna Vine Outline dies by Memory Box; Small hello die by Simon Says Stamp; Gold glitter tape; Black enamel dots; Clear Wink of Stella shimmer pen (added to flower centers); Spring Blooms dies by WPlus9.

6 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

I totally LOVE it, Wanda! Great colors and patterns!!! Thank so much for playing with us!

Petra Swart said...

Your card is so beautiful, Wanda!!!! I love how you have interpreted the elements of the dress to bring it into your card!!!! So creatively done, Wanda!!!
Have a great Sunday!!!!
PS. I don't have a cosmetic range but I think I would have changed my name, too!!!

Marisa said...

Fabulous! Love the gold shimmer and diagonal stripes. Great flowers too.

Karen Day said...

I love your take on the sketch & the photo - great card!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love it! (yes, I had to tell that twice!) :)

Lisa Petrella said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch and the inspiration photo, Wanda! I love the gold strips and how your flower stem goes beyond the boundary of the frame! And fun trivia facts too! Thanks for the giggle!