Monday, October 20, 2014

Mojo Monday


Good Monday everyone! It's Mojo Monday challenge time and Debbie Carriere has a wonderful sketch for us! I'm anxious to see all the interpretations for that large rectangle panel! I went with this elegant gold striped vellum paper layered over Vintage Cream CS. I lightly sprayed the back of the vellum with Elmer's spray adhesive to adhere it without any visible tape lines. Easiest for me is to place the paper face down on a paper towel in my trash can to avoid sticky overspray hitting the floor or desk areas. For the horizontal border, I die cut Verve's Rounded Scalloped Frame twice - once on textured black CS and once on Vintage Cream.  I embossed the center of the frame using a dotted swiss embossing folder (it doesn't want to show up well in my photo).  

If you'd like more inspiration...check out the rest of the mojomakers' blogs below:

STAMPS: Be Blessed (Verve), Bloom and Grow (Verve).
PAPER: Vellum w/Gold stripes and Textured black by SU, Vintage Cream by PTI.
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Calypso Coral, Old Olive.
ACCESSORIES: Clear embossing powder (for sentiment), Elegant Leaves die, Sprightly Sprigs die, and Rounded Scallop Frame die - all by Verve, Gold brad.

Hope to see you in the gallery!

6 comments:

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love what you have done here, Wanda!!! The gold looks so beautiful and I love that stunning flower!!! This is really beautiful!!

Have a lovely week!!

Unknown said...

Very nice!! Love the gold...

Marisa said...

Great use of the sketch! Love the flower and mix of leaves.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful! Love those gold accents.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love the gold and pretty flower.

Julene Matthews said...

Love your interpretation.It caught my eye in the gallery.