Thursday, September 5, 2013

SFYTT


Several months ago, I picked up this divine bar of Peacock soap at one of my favorite gift shops.  It smells SOOO good and the packaging totally inspired my card for Jen's Sketch For You To Try challenge! Each end of the soap has an elegant gold and blue design which you can get a wee glimpse of in this photo.  That was my cue to use gold embossing and to layer with gold metallic card stock and use gold sequins.  It took me back to my stamping roots as I remembered how fascinated I became when I first saw a demo of gold embossing powder.  Remember that OMG feeling of the transformation? LOL!

Here's what else I used...
STAMPS: Peacock Pretties and Arrows and Elements by Reverse Confetti
PAPER: Pacific Point, Old Olive, Metallic Gold, White
INK: Versamark, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay
ACCESSORIES: Die-Namics Traditional Tags (MFT), Gold cording, Ranger Queen's Gold EP, Sequins by Avery Elle.

Thanks for stopping by!  It's a fabulous, sunny September day...no humidity (finally)! Hope your day is a good one!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Great take on the sketch and way to work the gold embossing :)

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful - love the colors.

jen del muro said...

Love your take on the sketch! Such an awesome card!

Lisa H. said...

this is really pretty. love the gold embossing.