Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Seizing the Sketch & Colors



Hey, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike...do you know what day it is? It's hump day - lol! Yes, that
cheesy Geico commercial makes me laugh every time!  Sorry...I digress.  When I saw Peggy's colors for SCS Color Challenge (Gumball Green, Smoky Slate and white), I let out a SQUEEE and thought it would work well with a new oak leaf stamp and die set by Tim Holtz.  I am using Stacy's great layout for Seize the Sketch #4 - am wanting to use that one again and again!


I really love the way you can layer up this leaf and can't wait to try a fall version!  I stamped the leaf twice then die cut the left half and popped it with foam dots.  I sponged with Smoky Slate ink and added the fine splat stamp (stamped off once) from none other than my go to set at the moment - Gorgeous Grunge by SU.  Love these tiny wood veneer stars by Studio Calico...fun to randomly add to a card!

STAMPS: Leaf Blueprint (Tim Holtz), Gorgeous Grunge (SU)
PAPER: Plumeria (BasicGrey), Gumball Green, White
INK: Smoky Slate, Gumball Green
ACCESSORIES: Stitched Scallop border by Lil' Inker Designs, Wood veneer stars by Studio Calico.

6 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

Now only do I love that stamp but I love that you used that great green color

Joanne Travis said...

This color combination is really quite lovely! Awesome sample, Wanda.

~amy~ said...

whoa whoa whoa...green and gray? I.love.it. Such a delish combo and your card is over the top awesome!

Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Dorothy S said...

Wanda - cute look!

Stacey Schafer said...

fabulous, Wanda! adore the color and that cool stamp! thanks for playing along at Seize the Sketch!

Rose said...

oh i love these colors and that fab stamp :)
Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch