Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Retro Sketch & Color Challenge



I'm playing along with the current Retro Sketches Challenge - another great layout that I couldn't resist! I'm using the fabulous fall colors chosen by Nancy on SCS for the Color Challenge: Chocolate Chip, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Tangerine Tango with the dessert option to fussy cut or use a die cut.  I first stenciled the dots using Dylusions' Dotted Flower stencil with Chocolate Chip ink.  After it was dry, I gold embossed  the splatter and fine line images from SU's Gorgeous Grunge set (I told you I couldn't quit using that set!).  The leaves and sentiment are from Verve's Harvest Blessing set.   The leaves were fussy cut and popped with foam dots. 

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Maple leaves and dots - be still my heart :) Fabulous take on the sketch!!

Claire said...

Do you know, I thought the fine vertical lines were stitching?! I'd never have guessed they were from the Gorgeous Grunge set. I love this - all those different textures and colours look fabulous together. Thanks for joining in at retro Sketches this week Wanda!