Thursday, September 5, 2013

Curtain Call & Deconstructed Sketch


Another quick post with a card for the following challenges:
Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Back to school theme
Deconstructed Sketch Challenge

The chalkboard was a dominant feature in the classroom in my day of schooling (we won't discuss how many eons ago that was! :-).  With it comes the memory of having to clean erasers at the end of the day for someone in the class.  From that thought, I went with the chalkboard technique and used this Flourishes sentiment as the focal point.  Every student needs some notebook paper, so next I used the notebook edge punch by SU.  A little library clip finishes my school themed project.

STAMPS: Just My Type (Flourishes)
PAPER: Vintage Finds (Teresa Collins), Vintage Cream (PTI), Black
INK: Versamark, Color Box White pigment ink (to sponge edges)
ACCESSORIES: White EP, Buttons, Border punch (SU), Library clip (SU).

3 comments:

Marisa said...

I'm right there with you re: the memories, Wanda!! Even remember hoping I would be picked to clean the erasers LOL! GREAT chalkboard and use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call :)

Stacey Schafer said...

so lovely, Wanda!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous card!