Sunday, May 13, 2012

Going Postal


So... work has been a bit stressful lately, to say the least, but my title refers to the Postage Challenge in the Moxie Fab World...and NOT to any impending death of a co-worker - lol!  I also checked out the fabulous gallery of this week's Featured Stamper on SCS and it's none other than the ultra talented TracyMac!  I chose THIS CARD to CASE for the colors and the floral/leafy elements...just love her card!  I had a lot of fun putting my card together...first came the postage Nestabilities, then the oldie but goodie SU set "Letters From Friends".  I revived another relic from my archives by using this mini envelope stencil.  While I was on a roll using some really old stamping supplies, I chose to cut out the 2 stamps with a decorative scissors! Gasp!  Who uses those things anymore?!  To add a pop of color, I added the green leafy flourish and some Melon Mambo roses.  Hopefully, this will brighten the day of some dear friend!

STAMPS: Letters From Friends (SU), Blue Skies (Verve)-notebook page, Hope Blooms (Verve)-sentiment.
PAPER: White (PTI), Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Basic Gray,  Twitterpated DP by SU
INK: Basic Gray, Melon Mambo, Versafine Onyx Black
ACCESSORIES: Leafy flourish die by Cheery Lynn Designs, Rolled roses Die-Namics by MFT, Postage Nestabilities, Postage edge scissors, Envelope template by SU, Large banner die by Lil Inker Designs.

10 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Love the colors and those roses are fabulous! Sorry work has been hectic! Happy Mother's Day!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous color combo - love the pop of red!!

Shari B said...

I LOVE this card! Great combination of colors. Very pretty, yet fun and funky!

Marisa said...

Love this Wanda! That leaf die is screaming my name!! Happy Mother's Day to you :)

Bridget said...

LOOOOOOVE this, Wanda...the postage theme, the colors with with bright pop of melon mambo, and those beautiful roses...fabulous!

Tracy said...

Hi Wanda! Thanks so much for playing along with the Featured Stamper challenge! :-) I'm so excited to have this honor and am really enjoying seeing the cases of my cards. Gosh, you went back to an OLDIE. LOL Some of those--hmmm--MOST of those old ones are kind of embarassing. :-) I love your use of the flowers and leaves and the added postage elements add a lot of fun to the card.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and once again for playing along. Hugs!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card, Wanda. Love the colors and layout design!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful card for a friend Wanda-I am always in awe of your roses-they are so perfect-hope you had a fabulous Mothers Day

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful roses and flourishes Wanda! The stamps are perfect for this challenge.

Chrissy Larson said...

This is simply stunning!