Friday, February 10, 2012

Chocolates & Roses


Good Friday to all and welcome to another Raise the Bar Challenge! This week it's a color challenge with a chocolates and roses theme...thus...the call to use reds and browns! I am not happy with my coloring of this image (from Flourishes' Lenten Rose set) and am so anxious to attend Debbie Olsen's standard Copic certification class next week in Richmond, because I really need some directions from a pro!  I used my circle cutting system from Creative Memories for the image panel, then layered it on a Nestie cut circle of Riding Hood Red CS.  The weathered wood BG was created by scoring every inch then swiping Vintage Photo and Fired Brick distress inks on top.  I only wanted a hint of the red, so a very light hand was used with that pad.  I really LOVE the new Flags and Tags Stamps that Laura Pryor has released at Lil' Inker Designs!  Tons of sentiments that fit perfectly on this banner die.  That's it from me...hope you can take some time to see what the other bartenders have created and leave some love on their blogs:
Joni Wilson
Thanh Vo
Julie Smith
Peggy McCurry

2 comments:

Peggy said...

I love how you did the weathered wood! Beautiful card!

Julie said...

Gorgeous Wanda!! Love that weathered wood, way too cool!!!