Friday, December 23, 2011

Tri-fold Card

Dawn Mercedes is asking us to create a tri-fold card for the Free 4 All Challenge on SCS. I saw an elegant card recently on Debbie Olsen's blog (see photo on right) and wanted to CASE it for this challenge. It gave me a chance to play with a new heart border die from Papertrey Ink that I just LOVE! By using white on white, it gives the illusion of an embossing pattern. I also tried a trick that I picked up on Pinterest to create an edge using a Nestabilities die (I used a Labels Twenty One Nestie). The one thing I would do differently is to emboss the doily stamp using black EP. Using only black ink isn't as vivid as I would like it to be. I'll more than likely add a sentiment to the inside to use as a wedding card. Thanks for stopping by and I want to wish all of my blog friends a very merry Christmas! I have a post set up for Saturday for the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge, but otherwise, my stamping will be on the back burner until after Christmas.

STAMPS: Day of Gratitude (SU)
PAPER: PTI White
INK: Palette Noir Black
ACCESSORIES: Labels Twenty One Nestie, Black satin ribbon (SU), Gemstone flower brad by Spare Parts, Hearts border die by PTI.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the b&w combination!!!

Scrappy Scatty said...

Hi Wanda
just popping by to wish you a lovely christmas
Love from Jan
xx

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Wanda! That heart die is on my wish list as it is fabulous. Love the white and black and the medallion is perfect. Great use of the nestie for the edge. Well done all round. Have a blessed Christmas :)