Friday, April 29, 2011

Viva la Verve



This is the first of 5 sketches for the Viva la Verve challenge in the Verve forum on SCS. Amber has come up with this fun-to-use layout. With all the royal wedding festivities going on today, I was drawn to this elegant brocade black paper. I used Raspberry Fizz paper and ribbon for the pop of color...along with Simply Chartreuse leaves. While the sentiment die cut was still in the die, I used a black gel pen to make a fine outline...a simple detail but one I love! This is also for the F4A challenge to use more than 3 layers. Here's what I used...
STAMPS: Serenity (sentiment) and Hope Blooms (flowers) - both sets by Verve.
PAPER: Nambly Screen Prints "Brocade"; Raspberry Fizz, Simply Chartreuse & White - all by PTI. Silver gray paper by American Crafts.
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon (freebie from Ellen Hutson's store), Oval, Oval Scallops and Labels Sixteen Nesties, Little Leaves Sizzlet (SU), Brads (Recollection).

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Lovely mix of colours, Wanda! Love how the pink and green pop off the black. Lovely touch with the outlining on the sentiment panel.

Danni said...

I agree with Marisa, love the colors! Beautiful card...so striking!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Ohhhh I hadn't seen the sketch yet, I was waiting for my new Verve to show up.... still swimming across the ocean, but I love the sketch, and the flowers look fabbo, well done!

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Love the flowers.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, Wanda, I'm absolutely twitterpated with this card! It's soooo gorgeous! Black and raspberry have never looked so good.

Andrea Ewen said...

What a fabulous job you've done with this sketch, Wanda...the colors are just perfect and that bow...WOW! It just grabs you! Awesome!!

Niki Estes said...

Wanda, this is just gorgeous!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Wanda, this is absolutely gorgeous!

renee said...

Yeah for you Wanda! This is a beautiful card! Love the colors Thanks for sharing your art.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Look at you being featured on Julee's blog! Beautiful creation - well deserved recognition!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love this - that raspberry really pops off of the black! Congrats!