Friday, March 11, 2011

Viva la Verve



Maureen has a wonderful, easy sketch for the Viva la Verve challenge on the SCS forum! I am also entering this card into the CCEE Stampers challenge to create a monochromatic card in blues - to honor those blue skies of spring. I was beginning to think the skies would only be gray with all the rain we've been getting in the Shenandoah Valley, but it's clearing today and I think I see a hint of blue! I hope this paper won't get gonged, since it's a greenish blue, but I couldn't resist this new Once Upon a Springtime DP by Graphic 45 - stripes on one side and creamy butterflies on the other side. I distressed all the edges and added some new satin roses from SU along with SU's vanilla seam binding. Love this Verve Plain Jane verse (Psalm 46:1) - what a great promise!

5 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous Wanda.....your photo editing looks great..I had noticed it on SCS.....we used the same PJ for our VLV sketch....hope your weekend is a good one!

enjoy *~*

Vickie Z said...

Love the dp, those patterns look wonderful together and yes, I LOvE Once Upon A Springtime!! Wonderful monochromatic card... guess I need to try this sometime!! You are enjoying your weekend off, aren't you!!

Peggy said...

Beautifully done! Glad you have sunny skies!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This card SCREAMS Verve - nice job!

Denise Marzec said...

Love the shimmery ribbon and satiny flowers. Beautiful!