Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lovely Lotus



It's a Saturday and I'm off work...that's a big YAY! The biggest down side of my job as a nurse is having to work every other weekend. I really treasure those when I'm off! This card had a rough beginning! I had to give the first go around the ax, but after a redo of the flower and the butterfly, it was acceptable - lol! This is for 2 different challenges:
Our Creative Corner - cut it out.
Inkspirations - sketch.
The stamp set was a bargain find at TJ Maxx as I was in the checkout line...an acrylic stamp set by K&Co for only $2.00! I colored the lotus with Copics (RV00, RV02, YG03, YG06, YG93), cut it out and popped it with dimensionals. Diamond Stickles were added to the center. The butterfly is a sticker by K&Co. I'm going to check out what's happening in Daytona next...should be interesting to see the new changes in Nascar this year.
STAMPS: Lotus Floral Stamps
PAPER: Gossamer DP by Memory Box, Neenah Solar White
INK: Memento Rich Cocoa
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon (Flourishes), Button, Baker's twine, Crochet trim, Diamond Stickles, Copic sketch markers, Oval Nesties

14 comments:

Marisa said...

Your redo is fabulous, Wanda. Love how you used this week's sketch. Thanks so much for playing along again :) Enjoy your weekend off :)

Wendy said...

Love this, Wanda! :)

Edna Morrisedie said...

Lovely Wanda, great paper and embellishment combo! That stamp set was a bargain, I searched for this set for 2 years when I originally bought it... I use it often, sure you will too!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Looks like it all came together beautifully the second time, Wanda! I had to chuckle because I had the same experience last week! Your flower is gorgeous and I love the various DPs you used - great color palette. Terrific job on the "Cut it Out" challenge! So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Wanda! The colors and the cut work detailing are amazing! Lovely card!

Denise Marzec said...

Love all the sparkly accents on the flower and butterfly, and what a gorgeous bow!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous job with the sketch! I love the way your photo picked up the glitter on your bfly! I am so trying to catch up on Paper Dolling--- so sorry I haven't been by lately!!

Dawn B. said...

My mom was a nurse and I always hated the "working" weekends. Your card is so pretty.. I love the variation of colors.

Francie G. said...

This is just beautiful, Wanda! The soft colors of the dp really make your beautiful image pop! Love the beautiful butterfly!

Arlene said...

Beautiful - lovely colors.

Kristin said...

WOW! That flower is gorgeous and the butterfly is so beautiful! I really love the glitter touches, it really makes them pop. Your hands must be achy from all that cutting... Thanks for joining us this week at the OCC for the "Cut It Out" challenge!

Diane Gilbert said...

Wanda this is soooo pretty! Love your butterfly! Great design, and layout! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

H2 :) said...

Love your mix of printed papers Wanda & the pretty, fussy cut flower. :)

Sharon Wheet said...

Wanda, I love how you put in some pink! I think your paper choices are perfect! and I love your card! Thank you for playing along in our challenge @ OCC. I hope we get to see more of your beautiful work!