Monday, January 10, 2011

Hey Chickadee!




The challenge from the Our Creative Corner design team is to be inspired by this winter chickadee picture. I had seen the 2-step bird punch by SU modified for this type of bird and searched in the gallery on SCS and found Ann's blog with a tutorial that was easy to follow. Check it out HERE. I also included a picture of Ann's beautiful card with a duo of chickadees. I distressed and sponged the music panel using Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink. The berries were colored with R29 Copic sketch marker. The flourish designs on the lower half of the card were stamped in Versamark ink, then embossed with fine white EP. The circle layer is Riding Hood Red CS. Going to keep this short and sweet...gotta go watch the championship game between the Oregon Ducks (you should see their BRIGHT yellow socks!) and the Auburn Tigers.
STAMPS: Merry Wishes (berries) & Accent Notes (sentiment & flourish) - both by Verve
PAPER: Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red, Vintage Cream, DP by SU
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Going Gray (used to sponge the bird parts)
ACCESSORIES: Circle & Lacey Circle Nesties, 2-step bird punch (SU), Baker's twine, Distressing tool, Sponge dauber, White EP, Foam dots

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Hubby LOVES college ball (though he's a USC fan) and is watching the game as well :) Great take on the insp. and love the way you can turn that bird into a chickadee. Well done!

Dawn B. said...

Wanda this is amazing. I love the bird and the paper.. I really need to give this a try. Thanks for the link.. Great job..

Vickie Z said...

Lovin' this card!! Finally got that SU punch and now I can make some really sweet birds!! Thanks for the link!!

Anonymous said...

Wanda, this is just beautiful! I love how you've converted the 2-step bird punch. Thanks for referring us to Ann and her instructions. So glad Our Creative Corner could help inspire you this week. Thanks for playing along!

Diane Gilbert said...

Wanda, this is ADORABLE, I LOVE your chickadee! I have to give it a try myself. Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

Wendy said...

Such a gorgeous card, Wanda! I might have to try this chickadee myself! :) I love it!!