Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Have a Blooming Good Day!




When Betty posted the Color Challenge on SCS (Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz, Bravo Burgundy), I knew I wanted to create a summer scene using a new PI image that just came in the mail. I paper-pieced clouds (from Verve's Up, Up & Away set) & added Diamond Stickles to make them sparkle. The image was colored with Copics. MFT's grass and open scallop Die-namic dies were used for the border. The sentiment is from another PI set called Blooming Good Day. The trio of flowers is a punch by SU. This card takes me into summer in spite of the freezing rain we're getting tonight, and has me feeling the (baja) breezes! LOL! I'm wishing!
This is also for Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and for the Raise the Bar Challenge with the theme "Oh, to be a Kid Again".
PAPER: Bravo Burgundy, Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze, DP from SU (clouds)
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black

1 comment:

Wendy said...

So so cute, Wanda! The colors today were a bit tough but you did an awesome job on it! Love those PI girls too! :)