Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wing It, Bling It!



My day had a very early start (for me anyway) with a craft yard sale with 2 stamping friends. Weather was gorgeous...sunny and breezy...and we had a fairly steady stream of buyers all morning. By noon, things had tapered off and we packed up the leftovers...counting our profits so we can turn around and buy more "things" to support our habit - lol! I was also happy to watch Va Tech win against Boston College, so life was even better this afternoon! Saturday is always a big challenge day in the stamping world, so I combined the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, Crazy 4 Challenges (to use bling), and the Our Daily Bread Shining Light Challenge to use something with wings. As usual, I managed to tangle up the black gemstones, so there was no question where the large butterfly would go - lol! Over the messed up bling spot of course! I finally got to use my new Mega Ovals Nesties and discovered this stamp from Inkadinkadoo's Wedding set fit perfectly. I zigzagged around the 3 strips (I won't bore you with the details of my Janome not working right and having to lug out my big machine!). So, finally the card is completed. Hope your weekend is good and thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment...I love to hear what you think!
STAMPS: Wedding/Marriage (Inkadinkadoo)
PAPER: Cappella DP (BasicGrey), Black, White
INK: Memento Rich Cocoa, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Tim Holtz) - sponged around oval.
ACCESSORIES: CB, Mega Ovals LG Nesties, Bling by Zva, Butterfly stickers by MS

14 comments:

Marisa said...

I don't think I would even want to try those long designs of pearls! Think there would be more on me than on the card LOL! Lovely use of the sketch and I love that long oval. Great card.

Mary Marsh said...

what a great idea to have a craft yard sale-hope you got rid of a lot
I like this anniversary card-the stamp looks like it was made for the new nesties size-nice work on all 3 challenges

Julia Aston said...

Nice colors on this Wanda! love the crystal swirls and pretty butterfly! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week GF!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hi Wanda...happy to hear you had a good day :)!!! Your card for the challenges is so beautiful!!! LOve the sketch and all the pretty rhinestones!!! Thanks for joining us at the C4C!!! Have a wonderful remaining weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Lynda Benden said...

Your butterflies are just beautiful Wanda! I also LOVE that bling!

Vickie Z said...

Girl... you did great with those pearls!! Tried once and went through two pearl flourishes... guess I need to take a class{he he}!! Love the bling and the butterfly is gorgeous!! Ohhh-money for the habit, perfect!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful Wanda! Love the butterfly and flourish!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Wanda! That flourish & those butterflies all look so stunning! Great take on this week's sketch! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Wanda!! I so love your butterfly and your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining the ODDB Shining the Light Wing it challenge this week. Your creation is perfect!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Wanda, this is amazing!!! What a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along with uns in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Peggy said...

I miss a few days commenting and look at you!! Lots of GORGEOUS cards for viewing! This one is sooooo PRETTY with the bling and butterfly!

Unknown said...

Gorgeus Wanda...aaahhh green, beautiful shade and such a pretty card! Thank you for playing along with our sketch!

Alice said...

so pretty! love those butterflies. wonderful card. thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

Sarah Martina said...

What a masterpiece! So glad you joined us for the WMS Challenge!