Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Color Challenge


My mojo was MIA this morning as my 1st 2 attempts at a tag and a card were awful! So bad, in fact, that I didn't even post them! I took a break and spent the day with my daughter as she independently purchased her own car at the age of 23! I was proud of all the research and planning she had done...her knowledge of cars surpasses many of her guy friends! Oh yes...back to my card...I finally was satisfied with this card for Betty's Color Challenge to use Cajun Craze, Baja Breeze & Wild Wasabi with the option to use a strip sentiment. I was stumped for awhile to know how to incorporate the blue, but finally came up with this idea. I inked up the 2 smallest flower images and stamped with Cajun Craze ink on Cajun Craze CS - gives a subtle pattern without being too bold. A little embossing to add texture to the bottom, and a rickrack die border in Baja Breeze, a layered flower with a fancy copper brad and there you have it.
STAMPS: Dream Big (Verve), Let it Shine (Verve)
PAPER: Vintage Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Wild Wasabi, Baja Breeze
INK: Cajun Craze, Wild Wasabi, Baja Breeze
ACCESSORIES: CB, Square Lattice EF (SU), Modern Garland border punch (MS), Rickrack die (MFT), Copper brad (Flourishes)

7 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

what a gorgeous card!!!!!great colors and design!!!!
tfs:)

Marisa said...

Third time is a charm they say :) Great tag. Lots of wonderful goodies used on this one. Congrats to your daughter too. Always loved walking into a card dealership as a woman and being able to put the salesmen in their place as most assume women know squat about cars LOL! What did she end up getting?

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love this tag!! Great use of the rickrack and flower. I really like the flower stamped in the bg and those wonderful cut out leaves!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Wanda your card is beautiful....and the tag turned out perfect!!! Tell your DD *congrats* on her new car!!! Hugs ~S~

Betty Wright said...

Wanda, I really love the layout and the design you chose to use with these colors. It shows the blend of these hues perfectly! Lovely card!

Peggy said...

Fabulous card! Love how you incorporated the blue and the repeat in the blue and cajun craze stamp images is perfect for the card!

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, Wanda! Love the fabulous flower and all your wonderful details!