Friday, March 26, 2010

Fiddler on the Roof


Wendy's Free For All Challenge on SCS was to be inspired by a musical, plus we were to make our card in a shape other than A-2 standard size. Yes...I flunked the challenge! I was so into reminiscing about the musicals I participated in while in high school (Brigadoon, Oklahoma, Broadway in Review) that I forgot we were to use a different shape. So what did I make? A-2 size. Doh! I'm going to post it anyway and hope the challenge police don't kick me out of the gallery. I love Fiddler on the Roof (went to see it while dating my husband and then our son had a part in the musical when he was a HS senior). Sunrise, Sunset is one of the songs, so my brayered BG is supposed to be a reminder of the colors in a sunrise or sunset. Then the primary instrument in this musical collage happens to be a 'fiddle'. TFL and I'll try to follow directions better next time! :-)

STAMPS: 'Instruments' by Embossing Arts Co. 1993, Tiny Tags (SU)
PAPER: Glossy CS, Summer Sun, Neenah Solar White, Black
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Creole Spice Kaleidacolor pad
ACCESSORIES: Brayer, Marvy corner scallop punch, Tiny tag punch (SU), Kaiser pearls, Ribbon

4 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Wanda - I love the Fiddler on the Roof too!!! How fun!!! Your inspired card is GORGEOUS and I really like the colors you chose!!! WTG Hugs ~S~

Marisa said...

Well done on the challenge, Wanda. Perfect image and the colours are fabulous. Now I'm going to be singing songs from this musical all day LOL! If I were a rich man, dadadadadadada....Yup, great movie!

Joan said...

beautiful job!! Joan

JD/ Jill said...

Nice job on the challenge...This is one of my favorite Musicals...