Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Spring Note





Korin Sutherland has a great sketch challenge today on SCS, so I combined that layout with the colors in the ColourQ challenge by Arielle: Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Old Olive, Baja Breeze, White. Those colors scream SPRING so I knew I wanted to use flowers and birds! I love playing with PTI's Blooming Button Bits set...so easy to add their gorgeous vintage buttons. The bird is paper-pieced with an Opaline half pearl added for his eye. The Melon Mambo panel was stamped in the same color ink using the Verve BG polka dot stamp. It's a wintry scene here in VA with another snowfall last night of several inches. I'm hoping my concentration on spring cards will speed up its arrival...one can hope, right?

STAMPS: PTI Blooming Button Bits, Verve Accent Notes & Bountiful Backgrounds, Hero Arts Decorative Birds
PAPER: Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Old Olive, Baja Breeze, White
INK: Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: PTI vintage buttons, SU Oval scallop & Scallop punches, SU scallop border punch, BasicGrey opaline half pearl, CB, Dotted Swiss EF

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Saw this on SCS and loving it all over again here. Great job with this sketch! I have that PTI set on my wish list - just love the leaves

Teresa Kline said...

this is so beautiful Wanda, I luv these colors...great job. I am so glad you made it home safely, I am sorrt you have to drive in the "winter wonderland" at night, really I am....be safe...I will keep you in my prayers. We are to get more than a foot and perhaps more than 2 foot this weekend.....sigh...happy and sad if you are out in it....talk to ya soon!

enjoy *~*

Jo said...

Beautiful card for the Colour Q Challenge! Love the use of buttons

Silke Ledlow said...

Wanda - this is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the PTI Set and your take on the Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

dj said...

beautiful!! lvoe the buttons!!

Arielle H Gordon said...

What a sweet card!!! Excellent use of the colourQ colors this week, Wanda!